It’s a week before your wedding. The silence of the city is keeping you up at night. You jump on Pinterest and start drooling over all of the amazing sunny wedding images you see. Then it hits you like a ton of bricks… What if it rains? You click on a new tab as fast as you can and search for the local weather. 80% chance rain. Your heart sinks. You refresh the page and try another site. Rain and thunderstorms. You cry a little inside. Your nerves are out of control but you can’t talk to anyone- it’s 3am. This can’t be happening…
If this happens to you a week before your wedding, don’t fret. Just make sure you take the proper precautions. Although we cannot change the weather for you, (truest us, we wish we could and we’ll just add that as a bonus to our packages 🙂 ) we can still make your images look beautiful on your wedding day if you follow a few simple steps.
Step 1. Breathe and relax. Know that we’re also checking the weather at 3am with you and if you can’t talk to anyone, call us. We’re night owls 🙂
Step 2. Regardless of the weather, you’ll look amazing and we’re going to capture your beauty that day.
Step 3. Start preparing. If you suspect its going to rain on your wedding day, even if it just says cloudy, make sure you’re ready. A few things you can bring to make your rainy day wedding photography a breeze are:
- A very nice umbrella. This will be in all of your images so you want to make sure it looks great. Your can have a black/white umbrella or a brightly colored one. I love how a pop of color can brighten up a cloudy day, but if you’re going for a more elegant look, sick with a neutral color. Also, make sure that its sturdy and large enough to fit the two of you.
- Rain boots. Again, you can go very formal or bright and quirky for these too.
- A cozy pair of socks. You don’t want to catch a cold while playing in the rain!
- Umbrellas, rain boots, and socks for your whole crew! It looks great when the whole wedding party is coordinated. Why not let them in on the rainy day fun too?
- A towel to dry yourselves off after the shoot.
- Another dress. This is optional depending on how heavy the rain is. You don’t want to dance in a soaked wedding gown but if you do change, you don’t want to be in jeans and a t-shirt either (Unless that’s what you want!)
Below are just a few examples of just how amazing rainy day wedding photography can truly be.
Happy Wedding Wednesday!
NYC Wedding Photography by NYC Wedding Photography studio, Branham Perceptions Photography
Flor and Johnathan Branham from Branham Perceptions Photography are multi-published NYC wedding photographers. They know that each wedding day is special and treat their photography as an experience not found with other NYC wedding photography studios. Your wedding day is carefully crafted to offer a luxurious wedding photography experience in the NYC area.
This is NYC wedding photography at its best. Branham Perceptions Photography is a multi-published photography company based in the NYC metro area. Serving NYC and destination weddings worldwide, this NYC wedding photography studio is offering great quality and service and they are located right here in the NYC metro area.
Branham Perceptions Photography says that to be a great NYC wedding photographer, they have to capture their client’s personalities in their images. And that is just what they do.
“We take pride in offering our clients the type of NYC wedding photography they are looking for. It’s one thing to take pictures, but to capture our client’s personalities in our images is priceless”.
Our NYC wedding photography clients are typically looking for meaningful, emotional images versus snapshots, and that is what draws them into our NYC wedding photography studio.
Serving NYC and Beyond
Branham Perceptions Photography offers NYC wedding photography coverage in the NYC metro area. In addition, we also offer destination wedding photography coverage worldwide.
Not looking for an NYC wedding photographer? Please be sure to consider us for your baby portrait photography and all your family photography needs in the NYC area.
We are located conveniently in the NYC metro area at 978 Decatur St. NY, NY 11207. Please call or email us for more information.
To learn more about Branham Perceptions Photography click here