We are so excited today because we have a very special guest blogger. Kisha from Royale Amethyst Invitations ! We have worked with Kisha in the past and have followed her work for a while. She is a very talented business woman and her invitations are GORGEOUS!! Today, she’ll be talking to us about her business and providing us with some great tips for wedding invitations and stationary.
1. Introduce yourself & your company.
Kisha Kingston- Creative Director of Royale Amethyst Invitations
2. Why did you start your business?
It all began when I had the opportunity to plan my sister’s Winter Wonderland themed bridal shower. After unsuccessful attempts in finding the right stationery for the occasion, I became proactive and designed my very own. End result, a satisfied bride-to-be and the birth of a new venture.
3. Why do your services add to the brides wedding day?
Stationery is the key component in a wedding because it has a purpose:
- Before the wedding; the mailing out of save the dates and invitations.
- During the wedding; providing guest with ceremony programs and reception stationery.
- After the wedding; the mailing of Thank You Cards.
Although we may live in a tech-savvy generation, the importance of stationery will always remain the standard for weddings to come.
4. What makes you different from your competition?
I find that my approach in designing for my clients sets me apart from my competition. When a client requests my services, they should always expect me to “think outside of the box” with confidence that they are going to be presented with a design that is fresh and unique. In saying that, our products are not limited to printing on fine papers, we also print on Acrylic, which is a plastic material and in the near future will offer Wood Veneer Invitation Suites made from actual wood materials.
5. When should brides book your services? Why?
The search for custom wedding invitations should begin shortly after booking the wedding venue; this should be done 6 months to a year in advance. Your wedding is an important milestone and you want every detail of this event to be well thought out and not rushed. So the earlier you begin your search the better.
6. What kind of wedding trends do you see with your upcoming brides?
With the common stress that may come with wedding planning, I find that brides are looking for more simplicity. For instance, my clients are keeping it simple with our Flat Invitation Suites selecting classic designs that will enhance their overall stationery design. That includes floral prints, monograms, elegant flourishes and Swarvoski Crystal Embellishments. With the variety of inspiration to select from, I believe that less is always more and sometimes it is just best to keep things simple.
7. What is one must have that you wish every bride would have on their wedding day and why?
A Day of Coordinator for sure! I have heard of stories of couples that enjoy their wedding day due to being the main person(s) of contact and other issues such as lack of organization. If a guest or vendor has a question or concern—–they are contacting the bride or groom which is taboo being that they are focused on enjoying their special day. With a Day of Coordinator on-site, the newlyweds would have the opportunity to be what planners may call “a guest at their wedding”
8. What are the top 3 questions every bride should ask when booking your services?
When brides are requesting services from Royale Amethyst Invitations they should be sure to ask the following:
- Pricing. It is important that brides know what they are willing to spend on custom stationery and be realistic as well about their budget. On average Classic Wedding Invitation Suites can range from 3%-5% of the wedding budget. For Couture Designs the range on average can be 8%-%10.
- Turnaround Time. The process of ordering custom invitations requires time. From meeting with your stationer, selecting a design, wrapping up final proofs, printing and production; on average an order may estimate at 2-4 weeks to complete. The turnaround time may also vary depending on certain factors such as the current production schedule of the stationer as well as the complexity of the custom stationery order.
- Process, Terms and Conditions. Brides should know what to expect when ordering from Royale Amethyst Invitations. That includes our deposit, cancellation and shipping policy. We make it our duty to present this information during our complimentary consultations.
- Any advice you want to give to future brides.
Knowledge is power. I advise brides-to-be to do their research when selecting vendors for their special day. You want to be sure that your vendors are qualified in meeting your needs. Also, be on the lookout for events such as bridal shows, workshops and various bridal resources that may be valuable in planning your special day.
9. What new accomplishments can we see from your company in the upcoming months?
To streamline the selection process for our future brides, we have brought out a new line of ready-to-order wedding invitation suites. Brides now have the option of requesting an all-ready completed design from our latest collection or working closely with the stationer to create a brand new design. Also, we are looking forward to expanding our stationery line that includes party kits and personal stationery such as note cards, note pads and journals.
Happy Monday Everyone!
NYC Wedding Photography by NYC Wedding Photography studio, Branham Perceptions Photography
Flor and Johnathan Branham from Branham Perceptions Photography are multi-published NYC wedding photographers. They know that each wedding day is special and treat their photography as an experience not found with other NYC wedding photography studios. Your wedding day is carefully crafted to offer a luxurious wedding photography experience in the NYC area.
This is NYC wedding photography at its best. Branham Perceptions Photography is a multi-published photography company based in the NYC metro area. Serving NYC and destination weddings worldwide, this NYC wedding photography studio is offering great quality and service and they are located right here in the NYC metro area.
Branham Perceptions Photography says that to be a great NYC wedding photographer, they have to capture their client’s personalities in their images. And that is just what they do.
“We take pride in offering our clients the type of NYC wedding photography they are looking for. It’s one thing to take pictures, but to capture our client’s personalities in our images is priceless”.
Our NYC wedding photography clients are typically looking for meaningful, emotional images versus snapshots, and that is what draws them into our NYC wedding photography studio.
Serving NYC and Beyond
Branham Perceptions Photography offers NYC wedding photography coverage in the NYC metro area. In addition, we also offer destination wedding photography coverage worldwide.
Not looking for an NYC wedding photographer? Please be sure to consider us for your baby portrait photography and all your family photography needs in the NYC area.
We are located conveniently in the NYC metro area at 978 Decatur St. NY, NY 11207. Please call or email us for more information.
To learn more about Branham Perceptions Photography click here