(Fun photobooth pics from our last wedding… blog post & images coming soon!)
Hey everyone! As most of you may know, we are at the start of the new wedding season. As exciting as this is, it can be a very confusing and hectic time for clients looking for wedding photography. All of my friends and family members always ask me for tips when choosing their photographer (I try to keep my business far away from my family members or they’ll all milk me dry LOL) Here are a few tips to help you pick out the perfect wedding photographer.
1. First things first- Create a budget. But be flexible! Unless you have money to blow on the best and baddest, you will need a budget that correlates to the rest of your wedding day. The first 2 things you should think about is your venue, then your photography. Create a budget that you can go over or under $500-$1000.
2. Look for photographers. Take your time looking through as many photographers as you can that have the style you want. Forget about your budget for just one second and just take in the artwork and think about how it would fit into your wedding day. If you have a venue selected, you can also look for photographers that have experience shooting in that venue.
3. Once you have found a list of photographers that you love, then start looking at their prices. As I mentioned before, stick to your budget but be flexible. If photography is something that is very important for your wedding day, make adjustments in your budget to get the photographer you want within reasonable price.
4. Pick 3 or 4 photographers who’s images you love and who’s within your budget and ask for a consultation. This is the time to share your story, share your ideas, ask questions, and see if this photographer is right for you. Most photographers, like Branham Perceptions Photography, use the Engagement Shoot as a way to get to know each other, and relax before the big day. If these pictures aren’t amazing during your engagement shoot, chances are they won’t be amazing during your wedding either. Also, make sure that you are compatible with your photographer. I can’t tell you how much fun a wedding is when you and your photographers get along! We know how to make our clients laugh and through that, they open up more during a session. In turn, the pictures come out GORGEOUS!!!
5. Relax and enjoy your engagement! A year goes by super fast when you are planning something as big as the wedding of your dreams. There will be stressful times but there are 10 times more beautiful moments in the process.
6. Scrap this whole list and just visit our site at www.BranhamPerceptions.com !!! You’ll love our images for sure!! 🙂
Have an awesome day everyone!
~Flor & Johnathan